Civil Ligation is anytime one person, company or entity seeks financial or other compensation (not criminal) from another person, company or entity.
These can occur for more reasons than it would be possible to list, but some common ones could include:
- Someone owes you money
- A business sold you a defective product
- A business never provided the services or products you purchased
- You have been served with legal papers for money you may or may not owe.
- Unpaid balance on installment loan or lease
- Services the business paid for not completed
- Products the business purchased not delivered
- Lease violation or other property dispute
Note – If you operate a business, you would also need a business plan for the business. These are examples of Civil Ligation only, not of covered services.